Hi there,

I am looking for Linux software that would enable me to have
high bitrate files stored on my server,
which I could stream on any lower bitrate to my users using http. (and
even, if possible, allow the download of these files in any lower
bitrate).

So, basically this software should convert the high bitrate files on
my server to lower bitrate real time and on the request of my web site
user for steaming.

That is in order to save space on the server...by not having to store
same content files with different bitrates for steaming by different
ability users(dialup, dsl etc.)

I know Shoutcast can stream in different bitrates..but that is only
for radio broadcasting...I want to stream preview files, which is
different....

Any thoughts?
Any help would be appreciated.
Alexios Ballas