I'm thinking of trying the mepis linux live-cd. I had read a couple
decent articles about it then today read a new review where the
reviewer found a few issues with it that the others never found or
never bothered to mention.

The review is at http://on-disk.com/product_info.php?products_id=39

He does say it's an excellent choice in spite of these things but I
need more info to decide if I should go with PCLinuxOS or MEPIS. A
friend has told me about the wonders of mepis but his review of
pclinuxos was impressive.

Who out there has experience with mepis and pclinuxos??

Could you post here and give me some idea of your experiences?