Free linux distro with nforce2 support? TIA - Questions

This is a discussion on Free linux distro with nforce2 support? TIA - Questions ; Greetings. Can you recommend me a good, free linux distro which has good NForce2 chipset support? System: Asus A7N8X Deluxe Nforce2 chipset 524MB RAM 20 and 40 GB HDDs Pioneer DVR-A06U Samsung CD-ROM HP 672C DeskJet HP 4470c ScanJet -- ...

  1. Free linux distro with nforce2 support? TIA

    --

    Take care.

    roadster3043

  2. Re: Free linux distro with nforce2 support? TIA

    I would just install Redhat. And then recompile your kernel to have support
    for NForce2.

    "roadster3043" wrote in message
    news:Xns948F32E5B3322plsseeaddrmysig@63.223.5.95.. .
    > Greetings.
    >
    > Can you recommend me a good, free linux distro which has good NForce2
    > chipset support?
    >
    > System:
    > Asus A7N8X Deluxe Nforce2 chipset
    > 524MB RAM
    > 20 and 40 GB HDDs
    > Pioneer DVR-A06U
    > Samsung CD-ROM
    > HP 672C DeskJet
    > HP 4470c ScanJet
    >

    > --
    >
    > Take care.
    >
    > roadster3043

  3. Re: Free linux distro with nforce2 support? TIA

    roadster3043 wrote in message news:...
    > Greetings.
    >
    > Can you recommend me a good, free linux distro which has good NForce2
    > chipset support?
    >
    > System:
    > Asus A7N8X Deluxe Nforce2 chipset
    > 524MB RAM
    > 20 and 40 GB HDDs
    > Pioneer DVR-A06U
    > Samsung CD-ROM
    > HP 672C DeskJet
    > HP 4470c ScanJet

    Same mobo as me. I'm running Slackware. Yummy vanilla kernel.

  4. Re: Free linux distro with nforce2 support? TIA

    comeand@kissmyfatarse.com (Mattias Honrendgard) wrote in
    news:dd394218.0402161700.51eac560@posting.google.c om:

    > roadster3043 wrote in message
    >> Greetings.
    >>
    >> Can you recommend me a good, free linux distro which has good
    >> NForce2 chipset support?
    >>
    >> System:
    >> Asus A7N8X Deluxe Nforce2 chipset
    >> 524MB RAM
    >> 20 and 40 GB HDDs
    >> Pioneer DVR-A06U
    >> Samsung CD-ROM
    >> HP 672C DeskJet
    >> HP 4470c ScanJet

    > Same mobo as me. I'm running Slackware. Yummy vanilla kernel.

    Is Slackware too difficult to set up? I mean, I have never seen a good
    and simple howto on compiling kernels.

    --

    Take care.

    roadster3043

  5. Re: Free linux distro with nforce2 support? TIA

    roadster3043 wrote in message news:...
    > comeand@kissmyfatarse.com (Mattias Honrendgard) wrote in
    > news:dd394218.0402161700.51eac560@posting.google.c om:
    >
    > > roadster3043 wrote in message
    > >> Greetings.
    > >>
    > >> Can you recommend me a good, free linux distro which has good
    > >> NForce2 chipset support?
    > >>
    > >> System:
    > >> Asus A7N8X Deluxe Nforce2 chipset
    > >> 524MB RAM
    > >> 20 and 40 GB HDDs
    > >> Pioneer DVR-A06U
    > >> Samsung CD-ROM
    > >> HP 672C DeskJet
    > >> HP 4470c ScanJet

    > > Same mobo as me. I'm running Slackware. Yummy vanilla kernel.
    > >

    > Is Slackware too difficult to set up? I mean, I have never seen a good
    > and simple howto on compiling kernels.

    The whole Slackware philosophy is "Keep it Simple", so (oddly enough)
    its a doddle to setup. Such a long time ago since I did it, but I just
    followed the stuff on the nvidia site:

    http://www.nvidia.com/object/linux_nforce_1.0-0261

+ Reply to Thread