Hello there!

I'm little confused about the rpm's spec file. I was trying to create
a rpm where I just need to copy some files to desired directories and
edit some existing system configuration files. So I thougth of not
making any Makefile cause I'll copy the required files from source tar
ball file as placed in default /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES directory and
modify few existing files from %install directive in spec file placed
in default SPECS directory.

Sample to do list:

1. Please create a directory "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/bangla" and
copy the font files in that directory.

2. Copy the file "bn_BD" in "/usr/share/i18n/locales/" directory.

10. Now you need to edit a file to indicate the fonts path. Edit the
file "/etc/fonts/fonts.conf" and add line(s) as section below that.
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/bangla

Now, when I used RUST (www.rusthq.com), it generated a spec file for
me.

--------
%install

$MKDIR -p $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/bangla
$MKDIR -p $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/share/i18n/locales

$CP ./usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/bangla/muktibold.ttf $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/bangla/muktibold.ttf
$CP ./usr/share/i18n/locales/bn_BD $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/share/i18n/locales/bn_BD
--------

Now, why is it creating directories and copying files in
$RPM_BUILD_ROOT which I've assigned in /tmp dir? Is it not enough that
I copy those files using these lines ....?

cp -f ./font/*.* /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/bangla/
cp -f bn_BD /usr/share/i18n/locales/

I thought that if I include the files list in %files directive it
should copy those automatically to desired location, shouldn't it?

%files
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/bangla/muktibold.ttf
/usr/share/i18n/locales/bn_BD

How do I copy executable files to all home directories using shell
script, please?

I read both redhat rpm guide and maximum rpm, but they mostly dealt
with Makefile. Thanks for your time.

Thanks in advance.

Raqueeb Hassan
Democratic Republic of Congo