Pager software for RH linux - Questions

This is a discussion on Pager software for RH linux - Questions ; Hi, Can anyone recommend a good paging software. I'm looking into monitoring a number of boxes running a flavour of unix (Linux/Solaris) via a linux box which has a modem. I would be interested in any paging software thats allows ...

  1. Pager software for RH linux

    Hi,

    Can anyone recommend a good paging software. I'm looking into monitoring a
    number of boxes running a flavour of unix (Linux/Solaris) via a linux box
    which has a modem. I would be interested in any paging software thats allows
    my main server fire up a callout via the command line or from with a script.

    Help appreciated.

    Hiten

  2. Re: Pager software for RH linux

    "Hitendra Patel" wrote in message news:...
    > Hi,
    >
    > Can anyone recommend a good paging software. I'm looking into monitoring a
    > number of boxes running a flavour of unix (Linux/Solaris) via a linux box
    > which has a modem. I would be interested in any paging software thats allows
    > my main server fire up a callout via the command line or from with a script.

    I recommend QuickPage (not to be confused with the quickpage HTML
    utility).

    Thomas Dwyer III's web site (http://www.qpage.org/) appears to be
    offline at the moment, but you can grab binary and source RPM's at
    least:

    http://rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/contrib....3-3.i386.html
    ftp://contrib.redhat.com/pub/contrib...-3.3-3.src.rpm

    It's excellent stuff. Now if only cellular text messaging providers
    would support IXO/TAP front ends, life would be grand!

    -Jay-

  3. Re: Pager software for RH linux

    There's a HOWTO on www.tldp.org that deals with paging an
    alpha-numeric pager. You might try that.

    Sean Callaway
    www.scallaway.com

+ Reply to Thread