which Linux for an intranet? - Questions

This is a discussion on which Linux for an intranet? - Questions ; I need to set up an intranet for a small office of four people. Any suggestions on which one (Red Hat, Mandrake, etc) would be best for this.. Also, is there any documentation anywhere that helps with the deployment of ...

  1. which Linux for an intranet?

    I need to set up an intranet for a small office of four people. Any
    suggestions on which one (Red Hat, Mandrake, etc) would be best for this..
    Also, is there any documentation anywhere that helps with the deployment of
    an intranet.

    Thanks

  2. Re: which Linux for an intranet?

    Dave typed:

    > I need to set up an intranet for a small office of four people. Any
    > suggestions on which one (Red Hat, Mandrake, etc) would be best for this..
    > Also, is there any documentation anywhere that helps with the deployment of
    > an intranet.

    your post doesn't really make sense or say very much.
    be more specific.

    by the sounds of it - you may just be able to get a router and be done with it.

    --
    - Linux: the choice of a GNU generation
    - free; as in free speech and free beer

    remove '.eh' to email

  3. Re: which Linux for an intranet?

    "Dave" wrote in message news:...
    > I need to set up an intranet for a small office of four people. Any
    > suggestions on which one (Red Hat, Mandrake, etc) would be best for this..
    > Also, is there any documentation anywhere that helps with the deployment of
    > an intranet.
    >
    > Thanks

    From the sounds of things you're new to this world. From that point of
    view I'd suggest you give Mandrake a go.

    Which intranet software were you thinking of running?

+ Reply to Thread