Multiple configurations on RedHat9 - Questions

This is a discussion on Multiple configurations on RedHat9 - Questions ; I have a hard disk on a removeable mobile rack (like one shown on the image http://www.navada.com.au/Prod_Images/mobilerack.jpg ) and I want to carry the same hard disk from my work to home and vice versa. My work and home computers ...

  1. Multiple configurations on RedHat9

    I have a hard disk on a removeable mobile rack (like one shown on the image
    http://www.navada.com.au/Prod_Images/mobilerack.jpg ) and I want to carry
    the same hard disk from my work to home and vice versa. My work and home
    computers have different configurations (different network card, different
    graphics card etc). Kudzu in Red Hat 9 recognizes the different configs each
    time and ask me if I want to remove the non existant devices.

    How can I set up two configurations in RedHat9 so that I can select work or
    home configuration at start-up ?

    Thx.

  2. Re: Multiple configurations on RedHat9

    On 20:58 23 Jan 2004, RH Config <.> wrote:
    | I have a hard disk on a removeable mobile rack (like one shown on the image
    | http://www.navada.com.au/Prod_Images/mobilerack.jpg ) and I want to carry
    | the same hard disk from my work to home and vice versa. My work and home
    | computers have different configurations (different network card, different
    | graphics card etc). Kudzu in Red Hat 9 recognizes the different configs each
    | time and ask me if I want to remove the non existant devices.

    Well, I must admit one of the first things I do is turn of kudzu.
    Even on stationary machines.

    For my laptop, I wrote a wrapper for the startup scripts described here:

    http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/css/#rc.mobile

    You might shoehorn it to your needs.

    Cheers,
    --
    Cameron Simpson DoD#743
    http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

    A pessimist is an optimist in full possession of the facts.

+ Reply to Thread