download question - Questions

This is a discussion on download question - Questions ; I'm downloading linux from /dists/stable/main/disks-xxxx and will be running it on a Pentium 4. What do I select for my computer architecture from the available list to use as a substitute for xxxx? thanks len leonard.murphy@att.net (510)532-9094...

  1. download question

    I'm downloading linux from /dists/stable/main/disks-xxxx and will be
    running it on a Pentium 4. What do I select for my computer
    architecture from the available list to use as a substitute for xxxx?

    thanks

    len
    leonard.murphy@att.net
    (510)532-9094

  2. Re: download question

    len typed:

    > I'm downloading linux from /dists/stable/main/disks-xxxx

    huh?

    --
    - Linux: the choice of a GNU generation
    - free; as in free speech and free beer

    remove '.eh' to email

  3. Re: download question

    maybe i386 or i586 or i686

    len wrote:
    > I'm downloading linux from /dists/stable/main/disks-xxxx and will be
    > running it on a Pentium 4. What do I select for my computer
    > architecture from the available list to use as a substitute for xxxx?
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > len
    > leonard.murphy@att.net
    > (510)532-9094