c compiler - Questions

This is a discussion on c compiler - Questions ; I installed Mandrake Linux 7.1b on a Sparc station 20 I am tring to install Apache however it can not find the c-compiler? I can not find: cc gcc lc I downloaded a version of gcc for sparc, however it ...

  1. c compiler

    I installed Mandrake Linux 7.1b on a Sparc station 20

    I am tring to install Apache however it can not find the c-compiler?

    I can not find:

    cc
    gcc
    lc

    I downloaded a version of gcc for sparc, however it is a .rpm and rpm
    will not install it since it's major number is not <=3, I can not
    install the newer version of rpm without a c-compiler which I can not
    find?

    What and where should I be looking for the c-complier?????

  2. Re: c compiler

    xila@wadeempire.com (phoneman) wrote in message news:<8b17258c.0401220745.44f16bd1@posting.google.com>...
    > I installed Mandrake Linux 7.1b on a Sparc station 20
    >
    > I am tring to install Apache however it can not find the c-compiler?
    >
    > I can not find:
    >
    > cc
    > gcc
    > lc
    >
    > I downloaded a version of gcc for sparc, however it is a .rpm and rpm
    > will not install it since it's major number is not <=3, I can not
    > install the newer version of rpm without a c-compiler which I can not
    > find?
    >
    > What and where should I be looking for the c-complier?????

    Since I do not have a mdk CD, plz check if your mdk CD has GCC... If
    yeah, install from there and then update it to something more recent
    (i.e. GCC 3.3.2)

    If your mdk CD doesn't have that (I really doubt this), then dunno

+ Reply to Thread