SuSE Linux 7.1 Pro question - Questions

This is a discussion on SuSE Linux 7.1 Pro question - Questions ; I have acquired a copy of SuSE 7.1 Pro. Once installed it couldn't find a Gateway Conexant Modem (Gateway GVC 56K PCI Voice Modem (Red Owl) [Part #6001260])and more commonly knows as a: SF-11561V-R9A. Running the Modem Query returned: Conexant ...

  1. SuSE Linux 7.1 Pro question

    I have acquired a copy of SuSE 7.1 Pro. Once installed it couldn't
    find a Gateway Conexant Modem (Gateway GVC 56K PCI Voice Modem (Red
    Owl) [Part #6001260])and more commonly knows as a: SF-11561V-R9A.

    Running the Modem Query returned:

    Conexant
    HCF P85 Data/Fax/RemoteTAM/Speakerphone
    Subvendor name GVC
    Modem type HFC
    WinXP Inbuild support YES

    Gentlemen:

    A simple yes or no.

    Will this modem run under SuSE 7.1 Pro.
    or does it need a Linux specific driver?
    That is, do you know if the 7.1 Pro has the driver or how do I
    download it at SuSE, if the 7.1 can't find the modem?

    Thanks in advance.

  2. Re: SuSE Linux 7.1 Pro question

    "Mark Preston" wrote in message
    news:c25ca984.0401201514.1a5b695f@posting.google.c om

    > I have acquired a copy of SuSE 7.1 Pro. Once installed it couldn't
    > find a Gateway Conexant Modem (Gateway GVC 56K PCI Voice Modem (Red
    > Owl) [Part #6001260])and more commonly knows as a: SF-11561V-R9A.

    [...]
    > Gentlemen: A simple yes or no.
    >
    > Will this modem run under SuSE 7.1 Pro.
    > or does it need a Linux specific driver?

    Unfortunately you won't address the female readers with your question, so
    please spend some time at http://www.linmodems.org/ and research the answer
    that others have already provided.