I have tried a couple angles on this and am still having challenges..

I have set out to build an Ethernet Bridge/Firewall for a GenII Honeynet
with some old hardware (PII-233mHz-80Gb RAM).. The machine has 3
interfaces. eth1 is to my internal protected net (192.168.1.0). eth0 is
connected to my DSL modem. eth2 is connected to my hub where my 5 statics ip
addressed boxes sit. eth0 and eth2 are the same subnet 66.xxx.xxx.248/29...
So eth0 connects to the dsl provider where the default gateway for my subnet
resides..
I started with installing RedHat9 and followed what I could find for HOW
TO's.. I setup eth0 and eth2 with 0.0.0.0 for their ip address and
configured eth1 appropriately.. Next, the HOWTO's called for updating the
kernel for the briding utils and ebtables to work properly.. I compiled a
2.4.23 kernel with the options needed for bridging and queueing (to allow
iptables to see the packets).. I connected eth0 and eth2 and configured the
bridge..

[root@genii]# brctl addbr br0
[root@genii]# brctl addif br0 eth0
eth0 enters promiscuous mode
[root@genii]# brctl addbr br0 eth2
eth2 enters promiscuous mode

From what I have read, the bridge should now be working... But, I am not
seeing packets get passed through the interfaces. ifconfig -a will show
both eth0 and eth2 sending/recieving packets..

Did I miss something in my steps? Has anyone else successfully built a
bridge/firewall with RedHat 9? Any overall ideas on where to look to solve
this issue?

Thanks,
Charles