Howto use mplayer or xine with Mozilla? - Questions

This is a discussion on Howto use mplayer or xine with Mozilla? - Questions ; I've got a Fedora Core 1 system (everything) on a test machine, and have the latest RPMs for mplayer and xine installed. By themselves they work ok. I'd now like to get Mozilla (1.5.x) to use them for video streams ...

  1. Howto use mplayer or xine with Mozilla?

    I've got a Fedora Core 1 system (everything) on a test machine, and have
    the latest RPMs for mplayer and xine installed. By themselves they work
    ok. I'd now like to get Mozilla (1.5.x) to use them for video streams
    from the net (e.g. NASA video clips.)

    I've tried setting them up as "helper" applications, but I seem to be
    missing some key phrases in the incantations necessary.

    I've googled for bunches of stuff, but didn't find any real helpful
    hits.

    Any sort of pointers or advice would be appreciated.

    System parameters:
    AMD K6-2 2 333 MHz
    plenty of IDE drive space
    IDE Verbatim CD-RW drive
    320MB RAM
    etc....

    --
    Gregory G. "Wolfe" Woodbury `-_-' Owner/Admin: wolves.durham.nc.us
    ggw at wolves.durham.nc.us U RHCT August 2003

  2. Re: Howto use mplayer or xine with Mozilla?

    G. Wolfe Woodbury wrote:
    > I've got a Fedora Core 1 system (everything) on a test machine, and have
    > the latest RPMs for mplayer and xine installed. By themselves they work
    > ok. I'd now like to get Mozilla (1.5.x) to use them for video streams
    > from the net (e.g. NASA video clips.)
    >
    > I've tried setting them up as "helper" applications, but I seem to be
    > missing some key phrases in the incantations necessary.
    >
    > I've googled for bunches of stuff, but didn't find any real helpful
    > hits.
    >
    > Any sort of pointers or advice would be appreciated.

    Try this out: http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/linux.html

    Look for gxine and mplayerplug-in. For more generic plugin help you can
    check here too:
    http://www.yolinux.com/TUTORIALS/Lin...iguration.html

    Hope that helps.

+ Reply to Thread