2 questions - Questions

This is a discussion on 2 questions - Questions ; I have a home network with a laptop running xp home, and destop running xp pro and a second destop that I just installed mandrake linux 9.2 on. I've never even seen linux until last night when I installed it. ...

  1. 2 questions

    I have a home network with a laptop running xp home, and destop running xp
    pro and a second destop that I just installed mandrake linux 9.2 on. I've
    never even seen linux until last night when I installed it. It looks nice
    and I got the internet connection right away. However, how can I file and
    print share with my xp machines? My main desktop has xp pro and has the
    printer on it. I use a dsl modem and a wireless linksys router. Thanks for
    any help... I need step by step instructions - I'm linux dumb...

    Same goes for getting email on the linux machine...KDE I think?

    --
    HomeBrewer

    http://home.earthlink.net/~t3e871/index.html
    www.rcparkflyers.com
    Remove the xxx to reply!

  2. Re: 2 questions

    HomeBrewer wrote:

    It's time to learn some more.

    Go look at www.samba.org and read the information there. That is the system
    that allows the Linux community to share files and printers with the Windows
    community.

    ka0ies

+ Reply to Thread