Newb Q: Switching langs - Questions

This is a discussion on Newb Q: Switching langs - Questions ; When I was installing Linux I also checked my native lang to be installed. But how can I use it now? (e.g. that's Alt+Shift on Windows to switch langs). Specifically I wanna be able to switch between English and Greek. ...

  1. Newb Q: Switching langs

    When I was installing Linux I also checked my native lang to be
    installed. But how can I use it now? (e.g. that's Alt+Shift on Windows
    to switch langs).

    Specifically I wanna be able to switch between English and Greek.

    Thanks,
    cmad

    BTW: If you didn't understand what I want, I want to be able to type
    in different languages in Linux. What do I do to achieve that?

  2. Re: Newb Q: Switching langs

    Chris Mantoulidis wrote:

    > When I was installing Linux I also checked my native lang to be
    > installed. But how can I use it now? (e.g. that's Alt+Shift on Windows
    > to switch langs).
    >
    > Specifically I wanna be able to switch between English and Greek.

    Hi Chris,

    You can use the XKB extension to do this. Check out:

    http://www.xfree86.org/4.3.0/XKB-Config2.html#3

    Hope that works for you,
    --
    CrayzeeWulf