backup - Questions

This is a discussion on backup - Questions ; I want to backup a drive that has 4743632k of data on it which will take ~8 CDs. The data is mostly audio files so is not compressable so I'd like to leave all the files accessible. I'm looking for ...

  1. backup

    I want to backup a drive that has 4743632k of data on it which will take
    ~8 CDs.
    The data is mostly audio files so is not compressable so I'd like to
    leave all the files accessible.

    I'm looking for software to split it up into ~700Mb chunks and burn it.

    Remove .NOSPAM from my email address to reply directly.

  2. Re: backup

    On Sun, 04 Jan 2004 22:22:40 -0500, Bob
    wrote:

    >I want to backup a drive that has 4743632k of data on it which will take
    >~8 CDs.
    >The data is mostly audio files so is not compressable so I'd like to
    >leave all the files accessible.
    >
    >I'm looking for software to split it up into ~700Mb chunks and burn it.

    man split - then pipe into mkisofs and cdrecord.

    Or if you want a total solution that uses a nonstandard archive
    format, look into Disk ARchive (DAR) here: http://dar.linux.free.fr/

    --
    Richard Steven Hack
    "Whatever does not kill me makes me stronger" -

+ Reply to Thread