How do i present ASCII from com1 to a terminal like vt100? - Questions

This is a discussion on How do i present ASCII from com1 to a terminal like vt100? - Questions ; Hi, as I am a newbe in Linux i have a small question...How do i present incoming data from a device connected to a serial port like com1. It is 19200 and just ASCII. Can i preset it like a ...

  1. How do i present ASCII from com1 to a terminal like vt100?

    Hi,
    as I am a newbe in Linux i have a small question...How do i present incoming
    data from a device connected to a serial port like com1. It is 19200 and
    just ASCII. Can i preset it like a VT100 terminal?

    I hope someone got time to answerme about this..

    __________________________________________________ ________________ BeO Space
    traveler ICQ#: 131690359

  2. Re: How do i present ASCII from com1 to a terminal like vt100?

    BeO wrote:

    > Hi,
    > as I am a newbe in Linux i have a small question...How do i present
    > incoming data from a device connected to a serial port like com1. It is
    > 19200 and just ASCII. Can i preset it like a VT100 terminal?
    >
    > I hope someone got time to answerme about this..

    Minicom is a great tool for performing such tasks. Check out minicom and
    other similar utilities at:

    http://freshmeat.net/search/?q=minicom

    Later,
    --