Hi,

This is the first time I've tried to compile a custom kernel.
I'm running 2.4.22 on Zipslack 9.1(on a vfat partition), and trying to
compile the 2.6.0 kernel.

My question is, does the new kernel support the umsdos file system, or
not?

If not, then why does the linux-2.6.0/fs/umsdos directory exist?
If so, then where in menuconfig does the option to enable usmdos
appear?

From the docs I've looked at, it's unclear to me as to whether or not
I need to apply a patch to the kernel before compiling or not. I have
found some patches posted to a mailing list for test versions of the
new kernel, but my attempts to apply them have failed.

Thanks for any info you can supply,

--

sketchdude