Wine problem, file missing (stdole32.tlb) - Questions

This is a discussion on Wine problem, file missing (stdole32.tlb) - Questions ; When I try to install a game with wine, I get the following error "stdole32.tlb not present in Windows\System directory" (or something like that) and then everything goes wrong and the program crashes etc. etc. My wine (winehq20031118) "simulates" (I ...

  1. Wine problem, file missing (stdole32.tlb)

    When I try to install a game with wine, I get the following error

    "stdole32.tlb not present in Windows\System directory" (or something
    like that) and then everything goes wrong and the program crashes etc.
    etc.

    My wine (winehq20031118) "simulates" (I think that's the word)
    Win98... But I have WinXP on my other partition... Would it do any
    good if I copied XP's stdole32.tlb and pasted it in the wine directory
    or would it destroy wine or something?

    TIA,
    cmad

    BTW: in reference to my other post (wine & winex conflicts) I must say
    I just deletes winex, cuz it was causing too much trouble. At least
    wine runs smoothly for most programs

  2. Re: Wine problem, file missing (stdole32.tlb)

    cmad_x@yahoo.com (Chris Mantoulidis) wrote in message news:...
    > When I try to install a game with wine, I get the following error
    >
    > "stdole32.tlb not present in Windows\System directory" (or something
    > like that) and then everything goes wrong and the program crashes etc.
    > etc.
    >
    > My wine (winehq20031118) "simulates" (I think that's the word)
    > Win98... But I have WinXP on my other partition... Would it do any
    > good if I copied XP's stdole32.tlb and pasted it in the wine directory
    > or would it destroy wine or something?
    >
    > TIA,
    > cmad
    >
    > BTW: in reference to my other post (wine & winex conflicts) I must say
    > I just deletes winex, cuz it was causing too much trouble. At least
    > wine runs smoothly for most programs

    solved by installing just winex and removing wine...

    btw: the letters appear kinda small and, it won't detect my sound card...

+ Reply to Thread