iptables problem - Questions

This is a discussion on iptables problem - Questions ; Hello, I have some problem with iptable file in /etc/sysconfig I need to mount some filesystem which located on one of my computers from another computer. It means that I need to carry out following command on my second computer ...

  1. iptables problem

    Hello,

    I have some problem with iptable file in /etc/sysconfig

    I need to mount some filesystem which located on one of my computers from
    another computer. It means that I need to carry out following
    command on my second computer

    mount -r first_comp:/home /home

    It works fine if I do not use firewalls with iptables. But when I use
    firewals it reject to connect. My iptable file is below.

    What I have to checnge in this file in order to use mount command with
    firewall.

    Thank you in advance David

    # Firewall configuration written by lokkit
    # Manual customization of this file is not recommended.
    # Note: ifup-post will punch the current nameservers through the
    # firewall; such entries will *not* be listed here.
    *filter
    :INPUT ACCEPT [0:0]
    :FORWARD ACCEPT [0:0]
    :OUTPUT ACCEPT [0:0]
    :RH-Lokkit-0-50-INPUT - [0:0]
    -A INPUT -j RH-Lokkit-0-50-INPUT
    -A FORWARD -j RH-Lokkit-0-50-INPUT
    -A RH-Lokkit-0-50-INPUT -p tcp -m tcp --dport 22 --syn -j ACCEPT
    -A RH-Lokkit-0-50-INPUT -i lo -j ACCEPT
    -A RH-Lokkit-0-50-INPUT -p tcp -m tcp --dport 0:1023 --syn -j REJECT
    -A RH-Lokkit-0-50-INPUT -p tcp -m tcp --dport 2049 --syn -j REJECT
    -A RH-Lokkit-0-50-INPUT -p udp -m udp --dport 0:1023 -j REJECT
    -A RH-Lokkit-0-50-INPUT -p udp -m udp --dport 2049 -j REJECT
    -A RH-Lokkit-0-50-INPUT -p tcp -m tcp --dport 6000:6009 --syn -j REJECT
    -A RH-Lokkit-0-50-INPUT -p tcp -m tcp --dport 7100 --syn -j REJECT
    COMMIT

  2. Re: iptables problem

    "David Danovich" wrote in message news:...
    > Hello,
    >
    > mount -r first_comp:/home /home
    >
    > It works fine if I do not use firewalls with iptables. But when I use
    > firewals it reject to connect. My iptable file is below.

    Thinking udp port 635 you need to be letting through, yes.

+ Reply to Thread