text2speech? - Questions

This is a discussion on text2speech? - Questions ; Trying to find a text2speech package that will work on KDE for a neighbor of mine who is blind. Anyone have any beads on such a package? He's running Mandrake 9.2 on 64 MB and is very new to Linux. ...

  1. text2speech?

    Trying to find a text2speech package that will work on KDE for a neighbor
    of mine who is blind. Anyone have any beads on such a package? He's
    running Mandrake 9.2 on 64 MB and is very new to Linux.

    (OK, fine, kde is slow on 64 MB, but it beats the hell out of XP and he's
    short of money for an upgrade besides..)

    To wit, I have him running Evolution for his mail, and uses either
    Konqueror or Opera to read what he has on a Yahoomail account.

    --
    Dennis Carr - ke6isf@spamcop.net | I may be out of my mind,
    http://www.dennis.furtopia.org | But I have more fun that way.

  2. Re: text2speech?

    Dennis Carr wrote:

    > Trying to find a text2speech package that will work on KDE for a neighbor
    > of mine who is blind. Anyone have any beads on such a package? He's
    > running Mandrake 9.2 on 64 MB and is very new to Linux.
    >
    > (OK, fine, kde is slow on 64 MB, but it beats the hell out of XP and he's
    > short of money for an upgrade besides..)
    >
    > To wit, I have him running Evolution for his mail, and uses either
    > Konqueror or Opera to read what he has on a Yahoomail account.

    www.cstr.ed.ac.uk/projects/festival.html

+ Reply to Thread