Can anybody please tell me how I can get my hda3 partition mounted in such a
way as to allow reading/writing for everyone or at the least a normal user
(instead of just root)? I have tried everything and scoured the internet,
but I can't seem to find an answer that actually works. At first I thought
umask or ownmask = 0000 would solve my problems, but there is no such option
for ext2 fs.

Here is my /etc/fstab as it is right now:
#
#

/dev/hda2 / ext2 errors=remount-ro
0 1
/dev/hda1 none swap sw
0 0
/dev/hda3 /troep ext2 users,suid,exec,dev
0 1
proc /proc proc defaults
0 0
/dev/fd0 /floppy auto user,noauto