How to install GRUB again - Questions

This is a discussion on How to install GRUB again - Questions ; hi iam running a machine with dual os xp and redhat 9 i had first installed linux and then xp now what has happened is that my machine goes directly goes to xp and i dont get grub on bootup ...

  1. How to install GRUB again

    hi

    iam running a machine with dual os xp and redhat 9
    i had first installed linux and then xp now what has happened is that
    my machine goes directly goes to xp and i dont get grub on bootup i
    think xp has written off grub or something
    now whenever i have to go to linux i use the boot floppy which is a
    cumbersome procedure.
    i have tryed using boot magic 8 also but it doesn't detect any other
    os than windows
    i have also tryed to install only grub with the option of modifying
    the installation available in the installation cds but at the end it
    says unable to carryout requested operation as no kernal package was
    selected (i dont want to modify my installation also)

    someone please help me in this regard else i will have to reinstall
    the whole os so that i get grub on the startup. i think there will be
    some procedure to get me out of this fix

    thanx in advance, plz do use simple language to make me understand as
    i am not a comp guru like u people out there

    cupid

  2. Re: How to install GRUB again

    On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 04:33:10 -0800, cupid typed:

    > hi
    >
    > iam running a machine with dual os xp and redhat 9 i had first installed
    > linux and then xp now what has happened is that my machine goes directly
    > goes to xp and i dont get grub on bootup i think xp has written off grub
    > or something now whenever i have to go to linux i use the boot floppy
    > which is a cumbersome procedure.

    Boot with the floppy disk and log on as root then from the console or
    xterm session;

    http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/l...nstalling.html

    --
    SCO + RICO Act = Justice

    Hi! I'm a .sig virus! Copy me to your .sig!

+ Reply to Thread