I've read somewhere that there soon won't be any more RedHat versions.
Is this true ?

If so, which version of Linux should I use to eventually upgrade my
RedHat 8.0. (Ei: A version that can pretty much detect my existing
settings when I'm installing it ?)

One problem I've had when installing RedHat 8.0 was that the default
installation took a graphic mode and refresh rate higher than my 8
year old screen monitor could handle. An installation that could read
the graphics mode & refresh mode I've setup for my current
installation would be nice. I also have Apache & Php installed and
would prefer not have to re-install them if it can be avoided as it's
pretty time consuming.

Any suggestion on the best Linux version to use for this ?