Is it possible to configure a usb and a ps2 mouse simultaneously? - Questions

This is a discussion on Is it possible to configure a usb and a ps2 mouse simultaneously? - Questions ; I am running linux on a laptop with a trackpoint mouse. Every now and then I want to use my USB mouse. As of right now, everytime I want to use it I run mouseconfig and switch it from PS2 ...

  1. Is it possible to configure a usb and a ps2 mouse simultaneously?

    I am running linux on a laptop with a trackpoint mouse. Every now and
    then I want to use my USB mouse. As of right now, everytime I want to
    use it I run mouseconfig and switch it from PS2 to USB. When I'm done
    I just switch it back. My question is, is there a way to configure the
    mouse so it sees both the PS2 and the USB at the same time, or can you
    only use 1 at a time?

    Thanks
    Bob

  2. Re: Is it possible to configure a usb and a ps2 mouse simultaneously?

    "Bob" skrev i meddelandet
    news:eba020f2.0312132028.69868255@posting.google.c om...
    > I am running linux on a laptop with a trackpoint mouse. Every now and
    > then I want to use my USB mouse. As of right now, everytime I want to
    > use it I run mouseconfig and switch it from PS2 to USB. When I'm done
    > I just switch it back. My question is, is there a way to configure the
    > mouse so it sees both the PS2 and the USB at the same time, or can you
    > only use 1 at a time?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Bob

    http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/XFree86-Se...se/xfree4.html