I needed sound to work so I went to compile sound into the kernel, but
I cannot a compiled-kernel to boot. I seem to only be able to get the
slackware kernel 2.4.22 to boot (but my sound card isnt compiled into
it).

When I compile the kernel and boot, it hangs at this error:
ESR value before enabling vector: 00000002

I did some research and found that it has something to do with booting
or not booting with APIC?

Someone suggested booting with the boot option of 'noapic' ... does
anybody know how to supply this option?

They also said that if that doesnt work to disable CONFIG_*_APIC in
the config. However, I noticed that CONFIG_*_APIC has been set to 'n'
(disabled) all along?

Any information would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Clint
clintw@onion12.cjb.net