No more than 128Mo swap - Questions

This is a discussion on No more than 128Mo swap - Questions ; I have read in the linux partition mini-howto (french version, indeed i hope not up-to-date...) that the swap partition is not efficient if it exceeds 128Mo. Is-it today always true ? I do bayesian learning and i must deal with ...

  1. No more than 128Mo swap

    I have read in the linux partition mini-howto (french version, indeed
    i hope not up-to-date...) that the swap partition is not efficient if
    it exceeds 128Mo.
    Is-it today always true ?
    I do bayesian learning and i must deal with more than 10Go of working
    data. My first reflex was to create an enormous swap partition. It
    seems working but i would know if little partitions of swap would be
    better ?

    Thanks

  2. Re: No more than 128Mo swap

    On 11 Dec 2003 12:34:36 -0800, YGUEL wrote:
    > I have read in the linux partition mini-howto (french version, indeed
    > i hope not up-to-date...) that the swap partition is not efficient if
    > it exceeds 128Mo.

    Define efficient.

    I think the Oracle installer for a complete install wants 1g swap,
    725 meg ram minmum.

+ Reply to Thread