Hello all,

I'm trying to get cvs pserver running with xinetd and tcpd on Redhat 9
and I've seem to have run into some problems and was wondering if
anyone had any tips. Here's the story:

I've got my repository set up and can even access it via pserver if I
disable libwrap, however, I'd like to be able to run it through tcpd,
but have had no luck. Here's my /etc/xinetd.d/cvspserver file
(included in xinetd.conf):

service cvspserver
{
socket_type = stream
protocol = tcp
wait = no
user = root
passenv = PATH
server = /usr/bin/cvs
server_args = -f --allow-root=/usr/local/cvsroot pserver
disable = no
}

If I use 'flags = NOLIBWRAP' I can use cvs via pserver just fine. With
the config above, when I do 'cvs login jay' I get the cvs login
prompt, but when I hit return after entering my password I get:

Logging in to server:jay@yemaya:2401/usr/local/cvsroot
CVS password:
cvs [login aborted]: reading from server: Connection reset by peer

My /var/log/messages file shows:

Dec 7 23:38:56 yemaya xinetd[11143]: libwrap refused connection to
cvspserver from 127.0.0.1

This seems strange to me because my hosts.allow file has:

cvspserver : 127.0.0.1
ALL : LOCAL

(I realize that the cvspserver line is redundant, but I wanted to be
sure.) As everything works without libwrap, I'm thinking something is
wrong with the way I set up my cvspserver file, if anyone were so kind
as to give me some pointers as to how to fix this problem, I would
appreciate it greatly.

Thank you in advance and regards,
Jay Bromley
jaybromley@hotmail.com