install problem - Questions

This is a discussion on install problem - Questions ; Greetings! Shortly after RedHat 8.0 was released, I downloaded the ISO's burned and installed it from the CD's. Sometime after RedHat 9.0 was released, I tried to do the same. But after picking the language and keyboard, the install failed ...

  1. install problem

    Greetings!

    Shortly after RedHat 8.0 was released, I downloaded the ISO's burned
    and installed it from the CD's.

    Sometime after RedHat 9.0 was released, I tried to do the same. But
    after picking the language and keyboard, the install failed because
    it couldn't find Install disk #1 which it had just booted from!

    Now I find if I boot from the RedHat 8.0 install CD, I have exactly
    the same problem! This has me stymied. My CD-ROM drive seems to
    be working flawlessly otherwise.

    Has anyone seen a problem like this? Would really appreciate any
    help/advise you can give.

    --

    TIA!
    jim

  2. Re: install problem

    On Sun, 07 Dec 2003 10:13:07 GMT, Jim Showalter wrote:

    > Has anyone seen a problem like this? Would really appreciate any
    > help/advise you can give.

    .... nope. have you added any hardware since the install? i would
    open the box up and reseat cables, RAM, and esp check the
    ribbon cables for the drives, just for fun
    ..
    "I don't know anything about music. In my line you don't have to."
    - Elvis Presley

+ Reply to Thread