I finally got to the point where I could run aplay with a wav file and
hear it.
I then brought up GNOME and I hear the into music. At last all is right
with the world, I thought. But I couldn't get any other sounds. Before
leaving Gnome, I diff'd asound.state and modules.conf with a duplicate I
created. There were no differences. I exited from Gnome and returned
to command line mode. Tried running the aplay test to no avail.
Can someone tell me what is occuring and what should be done so I don't
have to run alsaconf just to hear sound each time?
Big thanx,
Razzle