Sound Card - Questions

This is a discussion on Sound Card - Questions ; I'm not able to record with my sound card using a microphone. Where is the best place to get help with this subject. I'm using the alsa sound drivers. I have an Intel chip set. arecord -l **** List of ...

  1. Sound Card

    I'm not able to record with my sound card using a microphone. Where is
    the best place to get help with this subject. I'm using the alsa sound
    drivers. I have an Intel chip set.

    arecord -l
    **** List of CAPTURE Hardware Devices ****
    card 0: I82801CAICH3 [Intel 82801CA-ICH3], device 0: Intel ICH [Intel
    82801CA-ICH3]
    Subdevices: 1/1
    Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
    card 0: I82801CAICH3 [Intel 82801CA-ICH3], device 1: Intel ICH - MIC
    ADC [Intel 82801CA-ICH3 - MIC ADC]
    Subdevices: 1/1
    Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

    When I record a wave file and play it back, I hear nothing. Other wave
    files play fine.

    thanks.

    Brian

  2. Re: Sound Card

    thelysys@optonline.net (Brian) wrote in message news:...
    > I'm not able to record with my sound card using a microphone. Where is
    > the best place to get help with this subject. I'm using the alsa sound
    > drivers. I have an Intel chip set.
    >
    > arecord -l
    > **** List of CAPTURE Hardware Devices ****
    > card 0: I82801CAICH3 [Intel 82801CA-ICH3], device 0: Intel ICH [Intel
    > 82801CA-ICH3]
    > Subdevices: 1/1
    > Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
    > card 0: I82801CAICH3 [Intel 82801CA-ICH3], device 1: Intel ICH - MIC
    > ADC [Intel 82801CA-ICH3 - MIC ADC]
    > Subdevices: 1/1
    > Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
    >

    > When I record a wave file and play it back, I hear nothing. Other wave
    > files play fine.
    >
    > thanks.
    >
    > Brian

    Hmmm... you have Alsa drivers, so I wonder; could you find anything of
    interest at
    http://www.alsa-project.org ?

    Gee, you might even find this:
    http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc...r-Intel#matrix

    You'll need chipset "model" rather than these on card chip id's. I
    tried the one that seemed closest. Not much to choose from, is there?
    You may need to try Intel, they have been writing drivers for some of
    their stuff. Getting around their sight, however, is too much work
    for freebies; you'll have to do that one on your own.

    hth,
    prg
    email above disabled

+ Reply to Thread