Help with video - Questions

This is a discussion on Help with video - Questions ; I wanting to know if there are any programs out there that capture digital video, then edit it, then put it back on digital tape or allow you to burn a DVD. I've been looking and asking a lot of ...

  1. Help with video

    I wanting to know if there are any programs out there that capture digital
    video, then edit it, then put it back on digital tape or allow you to burn a
    DVD. I've been looking and asking a lot of questions. But so far, no
    answers.

    I'm so sick of this windows crap! It's such a system resources hog!!! My
    background is with Unix, not Linux. But I think my unix experience will
    help with Linux. Now if I can find out if what I want to do is available
    with Linux I'll be a very happy person.

    Thanks for your time and any help.

    billmay0@bellsouth.net

  2. Re: Help with video

    billmay0@bellsouth.net wrote:
    > I wanting to know if there are any programs out there that capture digital
    > video, then edit it, then put it back on digital tape or allow you to burn a
    > DVD. I've been looking and asking a lot of questions. But so far, no
    > answers.

    Video4Linux
    http://www.exploits.org/v4l/

    MythTV
    http://www.gossamer-threads.com/arch..._C2/Users_F11/
    http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-3.html
    http://www.mythtv.org/
    http://pvrhw.goldfish.org/tiki-view_articles.php

    There are others like FreeVO,. Search sourceforge.net and
    google.com.

    --
    Kevin D. Snodgrass
    kdsnodgrass (at) yahoo [dot] com