Administration of Active Directory using Linux? - Questions

This is a discussion on Administration of Active Directory using Linux? - Questions ; Hi, Is it possible to administer M$ active directory security/managment using a PC running Linux? What packages would be needed to do something like this if it were possible? Thanks for your help in advance, THX...

  1. Administration of Active Directory using Linux?

    Hi,

    Is it possible to administer M$ active directory security/managment
    using a PC running Linux? What packages would be needed to do
    something like this if it were possible?

    Thanks for your help in advance,

    THX

  2. Re: Administration of Active Directory using Linux?

    On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 12:31:15 -0800, THX1138 wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Is it possible to administer M$ active directory security/managment
    > using a PC running Linux?

    Yes

    > What packages would be needed to do
    > something like this if it were possible?

    You need an LDAP browser/editor.

    I use JXplorer and that works fairly well.

    http://www.jxplorer.org/

    I also recommend using http://freshmeat.net to search for open source
    projects.

    http://freshmeat.net/search/?q=ldap%20browser
    http://freshmeat.net/search/?q=activ...ction=projects

    > Thanks for your help in advance,
    >
    > THX

    Good Luck!

  3. Re: Administration of Active Directory using Linux?

    Nick Austin wrote in message news:...
    > On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 12:31:15 -0800, THX1138 wrote:
    >
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > Is it possible to administer M$ active directory security/managment
    > > using a PC running Linux?

    > Yes
    >
    > > What packages would be needed to do
    > > something like this if it were possible?

    > You need an LDAP browser/editor.
    >
    > I use JXplorer and that works fairly well.
    >
    > http://www.jxplorer.org/
    >
    > I also recommend using http://freshmeat.net to search for open source
    > projects.
    >
    > http://freshmeat.net/search/?q=ldap%20browser