NTFS Mounts as ReadOnly - Questions

This is a discussion on NTFS Mounts as ReadOnly - Questions ; This might be a trial question but I can not seem to mount partitions formated NTFS to mount as read write... Can anyone give me some sugguestions to try? Also does anyone know Pan very well... I can't seem to ...

  1. NTFS Mounts as ReadOnly

    This might be a trial question but I can not seem to mount partitions
    formated NTFS to mount as read write... Can anyone give me some
    sugguestions to try? Also does anyone know Pan very well... I can't seem
    to find the option to attach files to posts....

    TIA

    Sleepy

  2. Re: NTFS Mounts as ReadOnly

    On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 07:44:46 -0500, Sleepy wrote:

    > his might be a trial question but I can not seem to mount partitions
    > formated NTFS to mount as read write... Can anyone give me some
    > sugguestions to try?

    .... writing to an ntfs partition is EXPERIMENTAL and SHOULD
    BE AVOIDED
    ..

  3. Re: NTFS Mounts as ReadOnly

    mjt spilled his alphabet soup on the floor,
    and the letters spelled:
    > On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 07:44:46 -0500, Sleepy wrote:
    >
    >> his might be a trial question but I can not seem to mount partitions
    >> formated NTFS to mount as read write... Can anyone give me some
    >> sugguestions to try?

    > ... writing to an ntfs partition is EXPERIMENTAL and SHOULD
    > BE AVOIDED
    > .

    Why? You can't tell me that Linux could screw that filesystem up worse
    than it already is. ;-)

    --
    ***** Matthew Powell *******************************
    ****** http://www.franoculator.com *****************

  4. Re: NTFS Mounts as ReadOnly

    On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 08:41:08 GMT, Franoculator wrote:

    > > ... writing to an ntfs partition is EXPERIMENTAL and SHOULD
    > > BE AVOIDED

    > Why? You can't tell me that Linux could screw that filesystem up worse
    > than it already is. ;-)

    .... that's cause we Linux types dont wanna get blamed for
    possibly corrupting a virii-infested Outlook mailbox
    ..
    Acquaintance, n.: A person whom we know well enough to borrow
    from, but not well enough to lend to. "The Devil's Dictionary"

+ Reply to Thread