Hiding finger information? - Questions

This is a discussion on Hiding finger information? - Questions ; Hi All, Is there a way you can hide your finger information on a server, like where are you logged in from? One of friend does it all the time although he doesn't have root privileges. What I mean to ...

  1. Hiding finger information?

    Hi All,

    Is there a way you can hide your finger information on a server, like
    where are you logged in from? One of friend does it all the time
    although he doesn't have root privileges.

    What I mean to say is eventhough he is logged in from home machine,
    the finger information doesn't tell me where he is logged in from. It
    just tells me that he is logged in from the server (the main file
    server)

    Thank you for reply.

    Chotwo

  2. Re: Hiding finger information?

    On 10 Nov 2003 10:51:04 -0800, chotwo@hotmail.com (Chotu) wrote:

    > Is there a way you can hide your finger information on a server, like
    > where are you logged in from? One of friend does it all the time
    > although he doesn't have root privileges

    .... ask your friend
    ..
    "Speed is subsittute fo accurancy."

  3. Re: Hiding finger information?

    wasn't that understood that he won't tell me !!!

    Chotwo

    mjt wrote in message news:<4nRrb.20088$Oo4.12534@newsread1.news.atl.earthlink .net>...
    > On 10 Nov 2003 10:51:04 -0800, chotwo@hotmail.com (Chotu) wrote:
    >
    > > Is there a way you can hide your finger information on a server, like
    > > where are you logged in from? One of friend does it all the time
    > > although he doesn't have root privileges

    > ... ask your friend
    > .

+ Reply to Thread