How to output sound files from within a C program - Questions

This is a discussion on How to output sound files from within a C program - Questions ; I have just begun to make use of linux (red hat 9), and have been set an assignment to create a sound synthesiser. My lecturer has said that sound can be 'ramped' to the audio device- he entered a series ...

  1. How to output sound files from within a C program

    I have just begun to make use of linux (red hat 9), and have been set
    an assignment to create a sound synthesiser. My lecturer has said that
    sound can be 'ramped' to the audio device- he entered a series of
    numbers and had the PC speaker output the sound equivalent.
    Can anyone enlighten me on how this can be achieved, also anyone who
    has any advice on how I may attempt this would be seriously thanked. I
    know that i have to use an envelope that details the attack, decay ,
    sustain and release for the sound to be processed; yet I am at a loss
    as to how I cna implement this from within a C program.
    James

  2. Re: How to output sound files from within a C program

    On 10 Nov 2003 06:41:25 -0800, jamesrobertlincoln109@hotmail.com (James Lincoln) wrote:

    > I have just begun to make use of linux (red hat 9), and have been set
    > an assignment to create a sound synthesiser. My lecturer has said

    .... ahhhh, the ol' "i need answers to my homework assignment"
    post asking for answers isnt synonymous with the phrases,
    "research" and "trial and error".
    ..
    Hackers know all the right MOVs.

+ Reply to Thread