Problem in booting RH Linux 9 - Questions

This is a discussion on Problem in booting RH Linux 9 - Questions ; Hi, I have a dual-boot machine with Windows 2000 & RH Linux 9 installed. Everything was working fine until, I found that 3GB space was unallocated in the windows partition, so I formatted it as NTFS. Then, when I restarted ...

  1. Problem in booting RH Linux 9

    Hi,

    I have a dual-boot machine with Windows 2000 & RH Linux 9 installed.
    Everything was working fine until, I found that 3GB space was
    unallocated in the windows partition, so I formatted it as NTFS.

    Then, when I restarted my machine, I was taken to the grub> prompt
    instead of the option to select the OS (Linux/DOS).

    Then I managed to boot into Windows 2000 using the following set of
    commands.
    Windows 2000 is in hda1.

    grub > rootnoverify (hd0,0)
    grub > chainloader +1
    grub > boot

    Kindly guide me by helping me boot into RH Linux 9 (UI based) from the
    grub prompt. As far as I remember, Linux is in hda2.

    TIA,
    Dips

  2. Re: Problem in booting RH Linux 9

    On 9 Nov 2003 20:12:50 -0800, diptanshu_parui@yahoo.com (Diptanshu Parui) wrote:

    > I have a dual-boot machine with

    .... please dont MULTI-POST ... you have answers elsewhere
    ..
    If I had any humility I would be perfect. - Ted Turner

+ Reply to Thread