ISDN modem installation? - Questions

This is a discussion on ISDN modem installation? - Questions ; My ASUS PCI ISDN modem is on the Linux list.. I am lasdt time simple add modem in network visualy and all was be ok! but after I am install RedHat9 again same modem can not connect me to the ...

  1. ISDN modem installation?

    My ASUS PCI ISDN modem is on the Linux list.. I am lasdt time simple add
    modem in network visualy and all was be ok!

    but after I am install RedHat9 again same modem can not connect me to the
    Internet!

    pls. advices.. where and what I can check manually?
    -GP

  2. Re: ISDN modem installation?

    My ASUS PCI ISDN modem is on the Linux list.. I am lasdt time simple add
    modem in network visualy and all was be ok!
    but after I am install RedHat9 again same modem can not connect me to the
    Internet!

    When I push Active button for connection visualy I can see message:

    redhat-config-network:
    Cannot activate network device isdn0!

    This is my log file:

    [root@localhost root]# cd /var/log
    [root@localhost log]# tail -f /var/log/messages
    Nov 8 17:24:51 localhost ifup-ippp: isdnctrl l2_prot isdn0 hdlc
    Nov 8 17:24:51 localhost ifup-ippp: isdnctrl l3_prot isdn0 trans
    Nov 8 17:24:51 localhost ifup-ippp: isdnctrl encap isdn0 syncppp
    Nov 8 17:24:51 localhost ifup-ippp: isdnctrl dialmode isdn0 manual
    Nov 8 17:24:51 localhost ifup-ippp: isdnctrl secure isdn0 off
    Nov 8 17:24:51 localhost ifup-ippp: isdnctrl huptimeout isdn0 600
    Nov 8 17:24:51 localhost ifup-ippp: isdnctrl callback isdn0 off
    Nov 8 17:24:51 localhost ifup-ippp: isdnctrl pppbind isdn0
    Nov 8 17:24:51 localhost /etc/hotplug/net.agent: assuming isdn0 is already
    up
    Nov 8 17:25:34 localhost kernel: isdn_ppp_bind: Can't find a (free)
    connection to the ipppd daemon.

    any advices?
    GP

    "PHP2" wrote in message news:bohhka$22v$1@ls219.htnet.hr...
    > My ASUS PCI ISDN modem is on the Linux list.. I am lasdt time simple add
    > modem in network visualy and all was be ok!
    >
    > but after I am install RedHat9 again same modem can not connect me to the
    > Internet!
    >
    > pls. advices.. where and what I can check manually?
    > -GP

+ Reply to Thread