make visible FAT partition? - Questions

This is a discussion on make visible FAT partition? - Questions ; how I can make visible FAT partition with all my files (without Windows OS files) within Linux RH9?...

  1. make visible FAT partition?

    how I can make visible FAT partition with all my files (without Windows OS
    files) within Linux RH9?

  2. Re: make visible FAT partition?

    On Fri, 7 Nov 2003 00:01:10 +0100, PHP2 wrote:
    > how I can make visible FAT partition with all my files (without Windows OS
    > files) within Linux RH9?

    You create mount points and add them to /etc/fstab.
    You then mount them for testing.

    man mkdr
    man fstab
    man mount
    man umount

    Today's Tip of the Day, very large
    Frequently Asked Questions (faq) Search engine:

    key word(s) in the first box
    *linux* in the Newsgroup, pick English

  3. Re: make visible FAT partition?

    On Fri, 07 Nov 2003 00:01:10 +0100, PHP2 wrote:

    > how I can make visible FAT partition with all my files (without Windows OS
    > files) within Linux RH9?

    Not sure if this is what you need but I have a fat32 drive I mount in
    Linux and winblows for data(no os stuff).

    Here is the entry in /etc/fstab

    /dev/hdb5 /mnt/data0 vfat umask=0 0 0

    The drive /dev/hdb5 is the second HD on the first IDE bus.

    Good Luck
    --
    GNU/Linux is God
    get used to it