I recently tried to setup glut 3.7 on mandrake 9.1, however I don't
think that i did it correctly. My main goal is to get plib 1.6
installed, but whenever I try to install it I get an error saying that
it was unable to find glut and the installation stops there. Here is
what I have done:

installed the drivers for my nvidia mx 440 that i got from nvidia

installed mesa 5.0.1

this caused problems with the video drivers so i reinstalled them

I thought I installed glut at this point but it does not appear to
have worked

tried to instal plib 1.6 and it told me it could not find glut

I'm still fairly new at using linux but if anyone has any suggestions
i would appreciate it.

Thanks