Error playing Xine DVD player on suse 8.2 - Questions

This is a discussion on Error playing Xine DVD player on suse 8.2 - Questions ; I installed Xine DVD player when it starts it gives me this error: -Xine engine error There is no input plugin available to handle DVD:/ May be MRL syntax is wrong or fire/stream source doesn't exist. Do I need some ...

  1. Error playing Xine DVD player on suse 8.2

    I installed Xine DVD player when it starts it gives me this error:

    -Xine engine error

    There is no input plugin available to handle DVD:/
    May be MRL syntax is wrong or fire/stream source doesn't exist.

    Do I need some plugins ? I also tried installing Mplayer but some
    dependency error showed up. Help please ! I am running suse 8.2
    professional, with ATI Radeon M6.

    Thanks in advanced.

  2. Re: Error playing Xine DVD player on suse 8.2

    I had a similar problem on Mandrake 9.1
    In the end I had to install the latest versions of the following libraries:
    libdvdcss
    libdvdnav-1.0

    These came with the software CD. I also needed
    xine-compat-plugins-0.9.13.11-mdk and libxine.0-0.9.13-11.mdk

    Xine now works (most of the time)
    I also managed to get the graphical version of mplayer (gmplayer) to
    work, it was included in my distribution software

    You can probably download the SUSE equivalents of these libraries
    Russ

    > I installed Xine DVD player when it starts it gives me this error:
    >
    > -Xine engine error
    >
    > There is no input plugin available to handle DVD:/
    > May be MRL syntax is wrong or fire/stream source doesn't exist.
    >
    > Do I need some plugins ? I also tried installing Mplayer but some
    > dependency error showed up. Help please ! I am running suse 8.2
    > professional, with ATI Radeon M6.
    >
    > Thanks in advanced.

+ Reply to Thread