error compiling rhythmbox - Questions

This is a discussion on error compiling rhythmbox - Questions ; hi. i can't compile rhythmbox 0.5.8. i installed gstreaker and it works. when i type "./configure" in the rhythmbox directory, i get this error: checking for gstreamer-0.7 gstreamer-libs-0.7 gstreamer-control-0.7 gstreamer-gconf-0.7... Package gstreamer-0.7 was not found in the pkg-config search path. ...

  1. error compiling rhythmbox

    hi. i can't compile rhythmbox 0.5.8. i installed gstreaker and it works.
    when i type "./configure" in the rhythmbox directory, i get this error:

    checking for gstreamer-0.7 gstreamer-libs-0.7
    gstreamer-control-0.7 gstreamer-gconf-0.7... Package
    gstreamer-0.7
    was not found in the pkg-config search path.
    Perhaps you should add the directory containing `gstreamer-0.7.pc'
    No package 'gstreamer-0.7' found
    checking for gstreamer-0.6 >= 0.6.2 gstreamer-libs-0.6
    gstreamer-control-0.6 gstreamer-gconf-0.6...
    Package gstreamer-0.6 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
    Perhaps you should add the directory containing `gstreamer-0.6.pc'
    No package 'gstreamer-0.6' found
    checking for gstreamer-0.5 >= 0.5.2 gstreamer-libs-0.5 >= 0.5.2
    gstreamer-control-0.5 gstreamer-gconf-0.5...
    Package gstreamer-0.5 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
    Perhaps you should add the directory containing `gstreamer-0.5.pc'
    No package 'gstreamer-0.5' found
    configure: error: GStreamer not found, or too old version found

    I tried setting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH enviroment varialble to the pkgconfig
    directory in the gstreamer sourcefolder and it still doesnt work.
    please help.

  2. Re: error compiling rhythmbox

    I have no idea what that package is but I strongly suggest you carefully
    read any included README or INSTALL files that came with it. Also, when you
    installed gstreamer did you do it as they said to? Again, read those
    READMER and INSTALL files also, in fact read anything in ther source dirs
    for eaither package that has a file name in all caps, its usually important
    stuff and I have found that in a Linux environment you must actaully read
    these files, to not do so will cause you no end of head scratching
    wondering why it didnt work right.
    Eric

+ Reply to Thread