Konqueror is driving me mad! - Questions

This is a discussion on Konqueror is driving me mad! - Questions ; I'm trying to use this program as a file manager. THe problem is that when I single click on a filename in the file list window the file is always opened, even if I only want to copy or rename ...

  1. Konqueror is driving me mad!

    I'm trying to use this program as a file manager. THe problem is that
    when I single click on a filename in the file list window the file is
    always opened, even if I only want to copy or rename the thing. It's
    really annoying. I've checked that my mouse settings are set to "double
    click to open files" so what is going wrong?
    Thanks

  2. Re: Konqueror is driving me mad!

    I'm with you on this one. I also searched for an option make that stop. I
    then searched for another file manager to use instead, but everything was a
    compramise. I've learned to work around that problem by right clicking for
    many operations, but I still find it annoying.

    Kiwiruss wrote:

    > I'm trying to use this program as a file manager. THe problem is that
    > when I single click on a filename in the file list window the file is
    > always opened, even if I only want to copy or rename the thing. It's
    > really annoying. I've checked that my mouse settings are set to "double
    > click to open files" so what is going wrong?
    > Thanks

  3. Re: Konqueror is driving me mad!

    Kiwiruss wrote:

    > always opened, even if I only want to copy or rename the thing.

    .... right-click
    ..
    If all the world's a stage, I want to operate the trap door.
    - Paul Beatty

+ Reply to Thread