Curious Application behavior under NFS - Questions

This is a discussion on Curious Application behavior under NFS - Questions ; I have a NFS drive mapped as my home address thus things like my email folders under Kmail etc... are on a server. I'm having curious problems with files not saving. Under Kmail, newly read mail reappears as unread continuously ...

  1. Curious Application behavior under NFS

    I have a NFS drive mapped as my home address thus things like my email
    folders under Kmail etc... are on a server.

    I'm having curious problems with files not saving. Under Kmail, newly
    read mail reappears as unread continuously until I "compact" a folder.
    Under Pan, filters and rules reappear after deleting them.

    I'm just guessing that this is related to the NFS mapping.

    Can anyone help me out with this?

    Thanks"Anna Hughes" "Anna Hughes"

  2. Re: Curious Application behavior under NFS

    Angela,

    Just a guess, maybe your clock is different on the two machines. Make sure
    they are in sync, e.g. using ntp.

    Martin

    Angela Fortino wrote:
    > I have a NFS drive mapped as my home address thus things like my email
    > folders under Kmail etc... are on a server.
    >
    > I'm having curious problems with files not saving. Under Kmail, newly
    > read mail reappears as unread continuously until I "compact" a folder.
    > Under Pan, filters and rules reappear after deleting them.
    >
    > I'm just guessing that this is related to the NFS mapping.
    >
    > Can anyone help me out with this?
    >
    > Thanks"Anna Hughes" "Anna Hughes"

+ Reply to Thread