ATI (radeon 9000) problems in Mandrake 9.2 - Questions

This is a discussion on ATI (radeon 9000) problems in Mandrake 9.2 - Questions ; Hey all, I was just wondering. I have been having problems with my Radeon 9000 graphics card in the past couple of Mandrake distributions. However, in Mandrake 9.2 I have the hardest time. I don't know what to put in ...

  1. ATI (radeon 9000) problems in Mandrake 9.2

    Hey all,

    I was just wondering. I have been having problems with my Radeon 9000
    graphics card in the past couple of Mandrake distributions. However,
    in Mandrake 9.2 I have the hardest time. I don't know what to put in
    for my X server. I put the Radeon(fdev) with 640 X 480 and I have an
    Envision Monitor. I am not too sure what I am doing wrong. I get
    colors for the 640 X 480 resolutions, but I can't change it to any
    other resolution. I can run X windows fine. It's just really big and I
    always have to move the screen around. If someone could help that
    would be great. I thank you for your help in advance.

  2. Re: ATI (radeon 9000) problems in Mandrake 9.2

    Jeffrey Algoet wrote:

    > I*was*just*wondering.*I*have*been*having*problems* with*my*Radeon*9000
    > graphics card in the past couple of Mandrake distributions. However,
    > in Mandrake 9.2 I have the hardest time. I don't know what to put in
    > for my X server. I put the Radeon(fdev) with 640 X 480 and I have an

    .... jot down your mouse make/model, keyboard type, graphics card
    info, and monitor info including horiz and vert frequencies and
    then run 'xf86config'. (my version has a 'ati radeon generic'
    entry). it's text-based, but is easy and always gets me a good
    xfree configuration

    (if it still does not work, let us know)
    ..
    The rain it raineth on the just
    And also on the unjust fella,
    But chiefly on the just, because
    The unjust steals the just's umbrella.

  3. Re: ATI (radeon 9000) problems in Mandrake 9.2

    mjt wrote in message news:...
    > Jeffrey Algoet wrote:
    >
    > > I*was*just*wondering.*I*have*been*having*problems* with*my*Radeon*9000
    > > graphics card in the past couple of Mandrake distributions. However,
    > > in Mandrake 9.2 I have the hardest time. I don't know what to put in
    > > for my X server. I put the Radeon(fdev) with 640 X 480 and I have an

    > ... jot down your mouse make/model, keyboard type, graphics card
    > info, and monitor info including horiz and vert frequencies and
    > then run 'xf86config'. (my version has a 'ati radeon generic'
    > entry). it's text-based, but is easy and always gets me a good
    > xfree configuration
    >
    > (if it still does not work, let us know)
    > .

    I tried the configuration tool above, however after I put in all of
    the information I got an error when I did startx. I know that it was
    running cause I was in X Windows. I am not sure how to add that
    configuration after I run that tool. Thanks for your help

+ Reply to Thread