hdd and crashing internet connection - Questions

This is a discussion on hdd and crashing internet connection - Questions ; Hi Lately I bought a new HDD and the problem is that when I'm trying to copy sth into this HDD my Internet connection crashes (!). I've noticed that this happens only when I try to copy big files (hundreds ...

  1. hdd and crashing internet connection

    Hi

    Lately I bought a new HDD and the problem is that when I'm trying to
    copy sth into this HDD my Internet connection crashes (!). I've
    noticed that this happens only when I try to copy big files (hundreds
    of MG or few GB).
    All this happens on RedHat 9, file system EXT2, ADSL, new HDD is IDE
    disk, old ones are SCSI disks.

    I really don't know what the hell is going on, so please help me.

    mirqos

  2. Re: hdd and crashing internet connection

    I've found message "kernel: [adi] Modem operational" in
    /var/log/meesage. Then I used GOOGLE to find out what does it mean. I
    haven't found any satisfying answer. Someone wrote that this problem
    occurs whith ADSL modems with some mobo chipsets for PentiumIII.
    But does anyone know how to solve this problem?

  3. Re: hdd and crashing internet connection

    mirqos wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > Lately I bought a new HDD and the problem is that when I'm trying to
    > copy sth into this HDD my Internet connection crashes (!). I've
    > noticed that this happens only when I try to copy big files (hundreds
    > of MG or few GB).
    > All this happens on RedHat 9, file system EXT2, ADSL, new HDD is IDE
    > disk, old ones are SCSI disks.
    >
    > I really don't know what the hell is going on, so please help me.
    >
    > mirqos

    what is sth? Is that something from the web?
    Anyway, maybe your modem is misconfigured and
    is using the same IRQ as your ide drive. I'm
    only guessing tho, search google, see if you can
    find anyone else with same problem.
    Eric

+ Reply to Thread