MP3 support in Redhat Linux 9 - Questions

This is a discussion on MP3 support in Redhat Linux 9 - Questions ; I have just installed Rehhat Linux 9 on my PC and when i try to run xmms i get a message saying that mp3 support is not included in this version. Can i do any thing about it other than ...

  1. MP3 support in Redhat Linux 9

    I have just installed Rehhat Linux 9 on my PC and when i try to run
    xmms i get a message saying that mp3 support is not included in this
    version. Can i do any thing about it other than going back to redhat
    7.3???

    Ur help is appreciated.

  2. Re: MP3 support in Redhat Linux 9

    Hi,
    there is a plugin for xmms to open mp3 , just search in the net and
    you'll find it

    Tiago Marques
    Portugal

    On 18 Oct 2003 01:34:34 -0700, it00274@nitk.ac.in (Roshan) wrote:

    >I have just installed Rehhat Linux 9 on my PC and when i try to run
    >xmms i get a message saying that mp3 support is not included in this
    >version. Can i do any thing about it other than going back to redhat
    >7.3???
    >
    >Ur help is appreciated.

  3. Re: MP3 support in Redhat Linux 9

    Roshan wrote:

    > I have just installed Rehhat Linux 9 on my PC and when i try to run
    > xmms i get a message saying that mp3 support is not included in this

    have you checked: http://www.xmms.org/faq.php
    ..
    "Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time."
    -- Steven Wright

  4. Re: MP3 support in Redhat Linux 9

    Hi Guys,

    I think in redhat linux 9.0 there is a add on called mpg123
    using that u can play ur mp3 songs.

    Syntax:

    mpg123 -a d songname

    bye
    sekhar

  5. Re: MP3 support in Redhat Linux 9

    On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 01:34:34 -0700, Roshan wrote:

    > I have just installed Rehhat Linux 9 on my PC and when i try to run xmms i
    > get a message saying that mp3 support is not included in this version. Can
    > i do any thing about it other than going back to redhat 7.3???
    >
    > Ur help is appreciated.

    Yes, Redhat has purposely crippled THEIR version of xmms to not play MP3s.
    To fix it, go to:
    http://havardk.xmms.org/dist/xmms-1.2.7-rh8-rh9-rpm/

+ Reply to Thread