updatedb - Questions

This is a discussion on updatedb - Questions ; SuSE 7.3 When the OS was first installed the updatedb program worked fine. Now it pauses for about 60 seconds and then reboots the machine. Any ideas on where to start troubleshooting are appreciated. Marc...

  1. updatedb

    SuSE 7.3
    When the OS was first installed the updatedb program worked fine. Now
    it pauses for about 60 seconds and then reboots the machine. Any ideas
    on where to start troubleshooting are appreciated.
    Marc

  2. Re: updatedb

    Marc wrote:

    > When the OS was first installed the updatedb program worked fine.**Now
    > it pauses for about 60 seconds and then reboots the machine.**Any*ideas
    > on where to start troubleshooting are appreciated

    ..... logs?
    ..
    Give me a Plumber's friend the size of the Pittsburgh dome, and a place
    to stand, and I will drain the world.

  3. Re: updatedb

    "Marc" wrote in message

    > SuSE 7.3
    > When the OS was first installed the updatedb program worked fine. Now
    > it pauses for about 60 seconds and then reboots the machine. Any
    > ideas on where to start troubleshooting are appreciated.

    If you would have the simple courtesy to cross-post the same message to the
    newsgroups that you have, rather than multi-posting the same thing to each
    individual one of them, you would have found that your question has already
    been answered.

    --
    use hotmail com for any email replies