icewm-1.2.6 mouse button swap - Questions

This is a discussion on icewm-1.2.6 mouse button swap - Questions ; Greetings, I'm left-handed. How do I swap the buttons on my mouse so I can use my index finger to click things on the desktop like regular folks? I looked in /usr/share/preferences and couldn't find the appropriate line. I'm using ...

  1. icewm-1.2.6 mouse button swap

    Greetings,

    I'm left-handed. How do I swap the buttons on my mouse so I can use my
    index finger to click things on the desktop like regular folks? I
    looked in /usr/share/preferences and couldn't find the appropriate
    line.

    I'm using a two-buttom p/s MS mouse with 3-button emulation turned on.
    My OS is RH8.

    gj

  2. Re: icewm-1.2.6 mouse button swap

    "Gil" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    news:1eed326b.0310171018.787d5e2d@posting.google.c om...
    > Greetings,
    >
    > I'm left-handed. How do I swap the buttons on my mouse so I can use my
    > index finger to click things on the desktop like regular folks? I
    > looked in /usr/share/preferences and couldn't find the appropriate
    > line.
    >
    > I'm using a two-buttom p/s MS mouse with 3-button emulation turned on.
    > My OS is RH8.
    >
    > gj

    put following line in /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 in section "Input Device" of
    your mouse:

    Option "Buttons" "2"

    put following line in ~/.xsession

    xmodmap -e "pointer = 2 1"

    restart Xserver

    try following page for mor info

    http://www.xfree86.org/current/mouse7.html

    God bless you,

    Stephan

  3. Re: icewm-1.2.6 mouse button swap

    > put following line in /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 in section "Input Device" of
    > your mouse:
    >
    > Option "Buttons" "2"
    >
    > put following line in ~/.xsession
    >
    > xmodmap -e "pointer = 2 1"
    >
    > restart Xserver
    >
    > try following page for mor info
    >
    > http://www.xfree86.org/current/mouse7.html
    >
    > God bless you,
    >
    > Stephan

    Didn't work Stephan. I didn't have a .xsession file, so I just made
    one. Was that a mistake? Only other thing: Perhaps in XF86Config(there
    was no XF86Config-4) I used tabs when I should have used spaces.

    I'm going to follow up that link you gave for more info.

    gj

+ Reply to Thread