Hey ya'll

Yesterday I installed Gentoo on my system. Complete with dualboot and
everything. But now I already got some problems:

1. I can't see the GRUB-menu. There's only a blank screen. But grub works,
because when I move down with the arrow, my winXP will boot and when i move
up again, Gentoo will boot. The only problem is that I can't see anything.

2. As for now, my gentoo will only boot up textbased (haven't installed
xwindows yet). But, the screen is scrambled. I can see where the letters
are, but I can't read them. The LiveCD worked fine and the first time I
booted gentoo it also worked fine, but since the second time, all I get is a
scrambled screen. I can type in commands and stuff, but I can't read
anything.

If anyone knows the answer to any of these questions I'd love to hear about
it. Or maybe some links to faq's, because google won't solve my problems.

Thanx
Bert