can't switch to console - Questions

This is a discussion on can't switch to console - Questions ; Hi, When I click Ctrl-Alt-F1 in an X session, I don't get the console. Using 'chvt 1' does get me the console, and using 'xev' I can see that the key sequence does produce a xf86_switch_vt_1 event. I don't know ...

  1. can't switch to console

    Hi,

    When I click Ctrl-Alt-F1 in an X session, I don't get the console.
    Using 'chvt 1' does get me the console, and using 'xev' I can see that
    the key sequence does produce a xf86_switch_vt_1 event. I don't know
    where to go from there.

    Thanx,
    Ittay

  2. Re: can't switch to console

    ittay@qlusters.com (Ittay Freiman) wrote in message news:<1a52e3d.0310152157.3eacb14b@posting.google.com>...
    > Hi,
    >
    > When I click Ctrl-Alt-F1 in an X session, I don't get the console.
    > Using 'chvt 1' does get me the console, and using 'xev' I can see that
    > the key sequence does produce a xf86_switch_vt_1 event. I don't know
    > where to go from there.
    >
    > Thanx,
    > Ittay

    Which version of Linux are you using?